If you own a car or van then you have the option to work as a driver. Of all the types of driving jobs you can do, working as a courier is the one with the fewest barriers to entry.
Unlike working as a taxi driver, where you need to pass rigorous tests in order to obtain your licence, working as a courier only requires you to have your own vehicle.
Below are some of the biggest reasons to consider working as a courier –
- Stimulating – With technology being as big as it is now, there are countless desk jobs out there that require you to be stuck behind a desk using a computer for 8+ hours a day. Not only is this bad for your health but it can also be very tedious. When working as a courier you’re out in the real world and meeting new people all the time, making it a much more stimulating type of job. It’s also great exercise.
- You can work for yourself – Another great thing about working as a courier is that you are able to do it as a freelancer. Although finding work can initially be challenging, working for yourself is something that many people find incredibly liberating, especially those who don’t like the idea of working for a boss.
- Invaluable experience for the future – Working as a courier will provide you with invaluable experience for the future. Not only is driving experience a very useful thing to be able to put on your CV but you’ll also learn about time management, working with the public, communication skills etc.
Getting courier insurance
Check out Insure The Courier to get insurance quotes from a panel of courier insurance specialists. Getting quotes is one of the best ways you can save money on courier insurance. A few other great ways to save money are –
- Limit your cover options – Getting a more simple policy that just enables you to drive legally is one of the best ways to keep the cost of courier insurance down. While things like windscreen repair and breakdown assistance are nice extras to have, they will increase the cost of your policy.
- Pay for your policy upfront – Almost all companies prefer when you pay more upfront and this is true of insurance providers too. Therefore paying upfront is one of the best ways to make a saving in the long term.